Pür Minerals Femme Fatale Collection / Secret Crush Eye Shadow Palette

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 - Posted by Unknown at 10:04 PM


I've browsed the Pur Minerals website before but this was the first time I ever tried anything from the brand. I was drawn to this collection for a few reasons: The look of a "naked" palette, my desire to try liquid eyeliner for the first time in years, and my love of the color turquoise! It had absolutely nothing to do with the movie the man from U.N.C.L.E. that this collection is promoting and which I know nothing about. The entire Femme Fatale collection is $29.






The Secret Crush Palette is normally $32 so if you're going to buy it, but this collection instead! The palette features eight shadows with a net weight of .05 oz. each, which is pretty generous. The shadows come in a sturdy metal palette with a large mirror and a small eye shadow brush. I get really excited about natural palettes in general as they are so hard to find! The packaging on this one isn't the best. The mirror is quite nice. The palette's hinge only opens about 95 degrees and looks like it would break if I tried to open it more than that. The clasp closes nicely but sticks when I open the palette.

The palette features eight colors: Whisper, Lust, Passion, Muse, Admirer, Infatuation, Rendezvous, and Rumor. As you can see I labeled the color names in my palette as they are only labeled on the box. Whisper and Lust are the two highlight colors. I always appreciate the inclusion of highlight colors but these are both quite sheer and virtually imperceptible. They are both matte formula shadows although Whisper has a hint of sparkle. Passion, Muse, Admirer, and Infatuation are beautiful, creamy, metallic shadows that remind me of my old Urban Decay shadows! Rendevous and Rumor are both matte colors that I find difficult to work with.While I don't love this palette I like it enough that I will continue to use it regularly. For this price I think it is worth it to check it out for the metallic shadows! Possible ingredient concerns include Phenoxyethanol, Carmine, and Ferric Ferrocyanide. I was a little nervous about this but I have had no problem with the formulas in this palette.

I am definitely not a person who is good with liquid eyeliner so the Cat Eye Liquid Eyeliner in Black and Double Ego Dual-Ended Eyeliner in Queensland really appealed to me, especially since any kind of turquoise is my favorite eyeliner! I really like both of these. They are much easier to control than traditional liquid eyeliner and much more forgiving. That isn't to say it's impossible to make a mess, because it is. One morning I ended up with too much Cat Eye and smeared it with RMS Beauty Cream Eyeshdow and it looked pretty fantastic. I definitely recommend both of these for anyone else who might be nervous about liquid liner! Possible ingredient concerns include Phenoxyethanol, Carmine, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, and dyes. Again, the true test for me is how my eyes react to it. I've been using these for about a week with no issues.


As you can see Cat Eye bleeds a bit.

This was the smudge test. The pencil side of Queensland didn't do so well but both liquids stuck around!
Big Look Extreme Mascara with Argan Oil is a miniature mascara although it is reasonably sized at .12 oz. I do find it to be comfortable and conditioning but not incredibly volumizing. The wand is plastic so the mascara does not clump on the wand. I think the miniature packaging is what makes this product somewhat difficult to apply so I would assume the full size would be easier, but this would be a good way to test out the mascara. Possible ingredient concern here is Phenoxyethanol, which at this point is a shock to no one!




Overall I am glad I purchased the Femme Fatale Collection. This is a great price point to try out a brand that is new to me. I would not recommend this collection for anyone trying to be strict about all natural ingredients as there are a few suspect ingredients in here.





Current Polish: Zoya Channing



Currently Reading: X-O Manowar by Robert Venditti 

The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier