Christopher Drummond Beauty is Rebranding! Hynt Beauty and a Light vs Medium Duo-Phase Concealer Comparison

Monday, May 18, 2015 - Posted by Unknown at 5:05 PM
There are a ton of things I want to share with you but I just got this in the mail and it moved to the front of the priority list because... Christopher Drummond Beauty is rebranding!

The website, https://www.christopherdrummond.com/ has been advertising order doubling as a spring clearance sale recently, so I took this opportunity to try a new concealer shade. I called the company and they were willing to send me one light and one medium concealer for the regular price of one concealer. I have reviewed the Duo-Phase Hydrating Concealer in the past and it is my favorite concealer of all time, but I always wanted to try to Medium to see how it compares to the light. I got my order in the mail today and it came with this letter:



It appears that at some point this spring Christopher Drummond Beauty will become Hynt Beauty. The website is already up, http://www.hyntbeauty.com/, but it doesn't have a lot of information yet. In the meantime you may be interested in stocking up on Christopher Drummond products while the sale is still going!

And here is the concealer comparison:

Duo-Phase Concealer Medium (top) Light (bottom) no flash

Duo-Phase Concealer Medium (top) Light (bottom) with flash

And here's both shades blended together a bit on my hand

As you can see the shade Medium would probably be closer to the correct depth for my skintone, but because it is darker the yellow tones are significantly more noticable and don't really match my pink skin. I feel like the coverage is quite good but not quite as opaque as the light concealer, although that could just be manufacturing variation and my medium was a bit open and leaky when I received it. Overall I am glad to have both and will continue experimenting with mixing the shades as I think somewhere in the middle will be perfect for me.

In any event, Christopher Drummond continues to have excellent customer service. They are replacing my leaking medium concealer and have assured me that the concealer formula will not change during the rebranding! The price of the concealer from Hynt Beauty is expected to be $24 (It is currently $22.50 from Christopher Drummond).

Are you excited about the rebranding of Christopher Drummond Beauty? Tell me what you think!

I probably have one more day before Zoya Alexa starts chipping...



Recently read:

Secrets from the Eating Lab by Traci Mann This book is full of really interesting science regarding eating and weight. Definitely worth reading!

IZombie Dead to the World by Chris Roberson It turns out the tv show is absolutely nothing like the comic that it was based on, but I really like both.

Recently watched:

Avengers: Age of Ultron Went to see this on Saturday. I don't feel compelled to go to movies much but this one is definitely worth seeing in a theatre.

Happy Valley: Watched this entire series in, quite literally, one day. This is terrifying and Netflixable, a dangerous combination! Highly recommended.

I'll leave you with a photo from the Pixies show I went to in Charleston last Monday!